Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Sisters of Saint Francis of the Martyr Saint George

When I think of religious orders, I used to think of old monks staring into a book or chanting and living in some over dramatized castle-like place in the mountains.  Recently I have met many religious, who have helped me come to the realization that there is so much more to religious life.

These ladies are very hard working and deserve much love respect for all the hard work and prayers that they as well as many other religious provide for, not only their own communities, but also wherever they find the need and can make themselves useful.

We have been blessed in our parish recently to have some of these very ladies helping out with the elementary school and parish.  They returned a couple months ago to prepare for their profession of perpetual vows.

I pray that they are able to continue their good work and prayers and faithfully make their final commitment for life.  I can only hope to be as faithful to God's will as these precious women have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment