Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Excitement explosion

Each new day is a blessing from God!  Did you ever notice how much easier it is to say that and really feel like you mean it after you have been to the Sacrament of Reconciliation?  How often do you take advantage of such a blessed sacrament?  While I am working on developing the habit of going every other week, and eventually once a week, I have been blessed to have established a once a month habit.  I like to go on Tuesday evenings, as our parish has a regularly scheduled Confession time right before Mass.

Serving at Mass is made even more amazing when preceded by Reconciliation.  Today, it became evident to me that the simple things that I do at church have a larger impact on our priests than I knew.  I enjoy being useful to the Parish, even though it doesn't always seem that way.  I got a special treat tonight to find out that we had a special Mass to welcome the Teachers and the Parents back to school for the new year.  Father asked me to help him with it, and I just felt wonderfully needed.

I'll thank you to forgive me for my thoughts today as they are an explosion of joy having just come from the excitement.  Sometimes I fear that this joy borders on vanity, however I then ask Jesus to shield me from the devil and remember that my joy comes from the benefit I have been to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment