Sunday, August 12, 2012

An introduction


When I was growing up, ending up a 34 year-old, divorced father of two that lives 800 miles away from his kids couldn’t have been further from my radar.  

I was the typical kid who dreamed of growing up and being just like my dad, only my marriage was going to be one that lasted.  For a brief time I thought about what it might be like to be a priest, but that was just wishful thinking.  Soon after, I found myself in a desolate separation from the church, married to an unbeliever, and raising two kids that would not know God.  In the misery that followed, my bad marriage fell apart, God led me back to the church, my marriage was found to be invalid, and I started to teach my faith to my children from a distance.  This has brought a change in my life that I never thought possible.

The truth is most people don’t plan for their life to turn out with divorce, separation by distance from children, job loss, and basically starting life over.  It can happen more often than we care to admit in this twisted world we have built for ourselves.

What happens to us when we don’t listen to God’s call, and follow a path to a different vocation?  Doesn’t it stand to reason that, once we find our way back to Christ, He will put us on a path to where He wants us, even if it doesn’t seem appropriate to others?

I don’t really know what will come next, but for now I am struggling to get out of debt while raising my children from afar.  I feel that I may be called to the priesthood and/or religious life and plan to share here what I learn on my journey.

Blessings,

Benedict MAC

No comments:

Post a Comment