Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Just have faith and be productive!

Today's Mass gave us an interesting parable to ponder.  When we receive the same pay as someone who doesn't work nearly as hard as we feel that we have, we feel cheated.  Shouldn't we rather be proud that we have accomplished more?

It seems that the subject of money has always been a source of great struggle.  Those that know me well, know that money has been, and will continue to be a source of great stress for me for some time.  When a 34 year-old father of two has to go live with his parents for three years, it creates immense tension between him and his family.  The children suffer from the fathers lack of resources to make the best of the time they have together.  Eventually he must make that leap of faith to strike out on his own once again.  That stress can be deeply compounded by juggling remaining debt, pressure to move out, and working two jobs to make it all work, and knowing that it still may not be enough.

Please don't take this post as a request for money, as I am not asking for a handout.  I only ask for continued prayers as I move forward into an unknown future with head held high, knowing that if it gets too rough, Jesus will carry me.  Whenever a challenge is thrown at me, may I face it head on and know that He is at my side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment