Friday, August 17, 2012

A connection through faith!

This morning I came to the understanding that, as I increase my devotions, and continue to serve at church, my life affects more people than I knew.  Someone asked me the other day if I had given any more thought to being a deacon.  I told this person that I am continuing to pray about it and that for now the office of the diaconate has told me No.

This morning the same person share with me how upset it makes her when she sees people who are very devout turned away from something it seems they would do very well.  She was nearly in tears, so I shared with her that there are reasons behind why I was told no...I am only 34, my children are young, and I am still discerning the possibility of the priesthood.  At this point she lit up and said, "I was just thinking to myself yesterday, 'Gosh, he'd make a great Priest!'"  I felt the need to remind her that God knows what He's doing, and if it is truly His will, no man will stand in the way...He will open the right doors at the right time.

I found myself beaming, not that she thought I'd make a great Priest, (although that was flattering) but that I was able to comfort her, and help lessen some of the ill feelings she was starting to feel with some of our leaders in the church.  I have no doubt that God is guiding them as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment