Friday, August 24, 2012

Exhausted & Happy

Recently, I decided that I needed to get back in shape.  I had started to gain a significant amount of weight from a lack of physical activity.  Between working two jobs and serving at daily Mass early in the morning, I just didn't have the energy left to go for a run anymore.  I decided last week that I would start with walking, and I enjoyed it so much during the first two days, I went for a run on the third.

That bordered on being a mistake.  I was miserable by the end, but the whole time something just kept telling me, "Just push through it."  I realized tonight that it must have been the devil I was listening to.  As I went for a 6 mile walk this evening after mowing two lawns, I made excellent use of a great app on my phone.  I have been praying the Liturgy of the Hours daily and this app has it as mp3 files, which meant I was able to pray and walk at the same time. 

It occurs to me that God will provide you with an abundance of energy, when you follow the plan.  I might be exhausted now, but I feel better than I have in a long time.  I still have a long way to go, but this is just like everything else.  I just need to keep following the plan, and have patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment