Monday, August 13, 2012

Divine Mercy


While praying the Divine Mercy chaplet yesterday, I found myself in a state of peace.   Even though I don’t always feel a strong desire to stop my busy life to pray, I recognize that Jesus is the one that carries me through that long day or night at work, and then gets me up in the morning to start it all over again.

What better way to honor the Lord than to pray for Divine Mercy.  “Jesus, I trust in you” is a phrase that I use most often when I feel like my own strength is not enough.  We often times take the credit for the things that we do even though we are being carried through.  It’s easy to ask God for help in our hour of need, but how often do we take time out to really thank Him.

A quick “Thanks God,” is not quite what I mean.  When another person does something simple for us we don’t hesitate to say “Thank you,” and when it is a major help, we usually sit down and write a note or purchase a gift.  Isn’t it worth doing a bit more than that for God?

Eternal Father, I offer you the body and blood, soul and divinity of your dearly beloved son, our Lord Jesus Christ…In atonement for our sins, and those of the whole world.

For the sake of His sorrowful passion…have mercy on us and on the whole world.

No comments:

Post a Comment