Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Giving

Today has been an incredible day!  I had one of my most productive days at work in a long time.  After work, I donated my 8th pint of blood in the last two years.  It was an odd realization to know that I have donated a gallon of blood in such a short amount of time.  I can only hope that it has been helpful.

When I arrived at home, my nephew informed me that our last name means "dove."  With this knowledge I realized that my full name means "Christ like noble dove."  I can only hope that in the end I can live up to my own name.  With my volunteer work and blood donations and service to the church, I feel that I am taking a small step in the right direction.  I say small because I believe I have a long way to go.  I just want to enjoy the journey and with Jesus at my side, I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment