Friday, October 19, 2012

Journaling and Listening

Do you ever sit down and try to start writing a journal?  Does it ever seem strange that you seem to struggle with what to write?  My biggest issue is remembering to take the time to do it, but when I first started, it helped to look at it from the perspective of, "All I have to do is just make my thoughts show up on this page."

That didn't turn out to be as easy as I thought, but getting the thoughts out of the head, make it so much easier to just sit and be silent.  Most people (myself included) don't take enough time to just sit and listen in silence.  How can we expect to get an answer from God if we just talk to him, but never take the time to listen?  Sure, He shows us things throughout the course of our lives, but to get a prayerful answer to a question, He has to speak to us.

I am convinced that, while He may not run on at the mouth as much as I do, God is always talking to us.  How can we possibly hear Him if we never shut-up and listen.  Next time you take some time for prayer, take a notebook, write down a few thoughts, and then just spend a while listening.  You might be amazed at what He has to tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment