Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Nothing More!

Today I was greeted with a generous and unexpected gift.  After setting up everything for Mass this morning, I was sitting in a chair in the sacristy, "trying to finish my morning prayer."  When father came in, we started talking which meant my prayers would be postponed.  As I took another attempt at finishing this office before Mass, another face entered the sacristy with a large grin carrying a nice long white surplice.  His son is a 1st year Theology student, and knew someone who had an extra large he could not use.  "He thought it might fit you,"  he said.

I spent the rest of the morning, unable to contain my own grin.  I was even drawn to tears of joy as I gazed upon the face of Jesus on the cross after communion.  I am at a loss for how to express my gratitude to these wonderful young men for their generosity, I can only believe that each of them will make a wonderful Priest in the years to come.

I can only pray that I be as open to God's will as they have surely been.  Many people have been asking me lately, "What is your official role here?"  My answer to them is that I am just one of the Lord's many servants, and nothing more.  Even if the He has something special planned for my future, I hope that I will always remember those words.  "Nothing More!"

No comments:

Post a Comment