Friday, February 22, 2013

Holy Snow!

Well, it's been a couple of crazy days!  I took the day off work yesterday so that I could attend Fr. Ron's funeral and we ended up with one heck of a snow storm.  We got approximately a foot of snow in just a couple of hours.  Growing up in the north east part of the country we got snow like that every year but here in the mid-west, where we haven't really gotten much snow for a couple years, that was crazy.

Inevitably, the funeral was postponed and I was moved to take a second day off work.  When I arrived at the church for the funeral, I was elated to find that the pastor there had no objection to my serving as long as the MC was okay with it.  He happened to be another priest that I am coming to know and so I was able to say farewell to Fr. Ron in the only way that I see as fitting.

Our God is an Awesome God who never ceases to amaze me.  I should not doubt that God wants us to be happy, but I always manage to be surprised when my desire lines up with His plans.  Thank you for a fitting way to say good-bye to my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment