Thursday, February 7, 2013

Fighting Despair

Learning lessons can be difficult for us sometimes.  We can get so caught up in the routine of life, that even the occasional stuff has its patterns.  I didn't really realize how much it affects me when I have my children for a short time and take them back to their mother, until it was recently pointed out that every time I take them back I go back into a state of despair.

The reality is that I get so physically drained and bummed that the devil reaches up and tries to pull me down and keep me there.  Maintaining an awareness of the devil's dirty tricks is a big help in fighting them, but we can't fight him on our own.  He attacks when we are at our weakest, and that is why it is so important to persevere in our prayer life.  Stick to the habits that we develop when we are closer to God, even when we are having times that we just "don't feel it," so that God can shield us from the devil.

Lord lift up all those who are struggling with difficult circumstances.  Those who are following your path and those who have fallen or never found you.  Wrap them in your loving arms and help them to know that we love them, even those who have wronged us.~Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment