Wednesday, November 14, 2012

In light of the Dark!

With Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years approaching, the focus should be on faith and family, and filled with joy, peace, and happiness.  For many people this merely means higher stress levels and loneliness with a side order of depression.  For a large part of my life, I have fallen into the later of these categories.

The biggest stress for me and for many has always been making enough money to pay for all this STUFF.  Sometimes its even just to pay back debts.  Then there are all the charities that are asking for our money this time of year, knowing that this is the time when people are the most "giving."  I prefer to offer myself instead of the money that in many ways, already belongs to someone else.

If all these local priests in their 70's and 80's can keep serving our parishes where we need help, there is no reason the rest of us can't serve them.  I could easily spend more hours working and make more money and faster to cover my budget strain, but if I did, I wouldn't have time to do what God asks of me.  If I'm not doing His will, I won't get very far!  Experience tells me that much, at least.

Through faith and prayer, I am not worried about this year at all.  I am looking forward to seeing my children twice in the next two months, and I'm even not really dreading the long drive.  With 3,800 miles of driving to do in the next two months, I think its time for an audio bible or other inspirational talks that will keep my mind from wondering to bad places.  I know that God will get me through whatever weather I encounter and any struggles will be another opportunity to grow.  The same rules apply to every other day of the year.  Bring it on!  

No comments:

Post a Comment